Thursday, June 7, 2007

Harry Bear

After receiving my Berroco chincilla shipment, I immediately worked on Harry bear. The bear was quick to knit, only a weekend.
Below is Harry at 70% completion, around 3-5 hrs of knitting I guess. I am careless at the short row and with mini interruptions here & there, I had to redo it quite often



So far I've completed both pieces and have sewed up 90% -save the opening for stuffing. Oh, I stuff the bear as I sew so that he has nice definition.
The only problem now is that I don't know how to sew the eyes and nose. My attempt failed miserably and I'm just picking up courage when I can do it again.

Knitting the bear was such a joy, the yarn is so smooth. I think I used Knitpicks options. I washed it before stuffing though, not realizing that it is meant for handwash only.. the color bled big time.

Anyway, yes I need to take updated pic and need to quickly knit it. The people who have seen the bear are so in love with it....

No comments: