Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Heatiness & A (hafl) day of rest

TCM

Last weekend my dearest had fever. He literally slept the entire weekend away. I dropped by and I brewed him luohanguo. Different to the previous rounds, this time I added red dates.

The taste was good and not overpoweringly sweet, but for some reason, I felt something was still missing to make out the complete taste. I just couldn't figure out what it is. Is it the dose? Is it because of too much water? Contrary to the popular drink, I think adding longan will not work and will just waste your effort boiling. Luohanguo is cooling, Red dates is neutral (it helps against fatigue and nourishes blood). Longan is heaty. In terms of strength, I don't know which is stronger, luohangouo or Longan but it serve no purpose having them together.

Next time round maybe I will add Chinese Wolfberry (Qi Zhi?). I'll let you know how it turns out. But the drink cleared my heatiness. As for dearest's fever, well it turns out that it is caused by viral infection instead of heatiness.

As the title rightly said, I had half-day worth of rest. This morning when I wake up I was grumpy and could hardly open my eyes. I was just aching all over. After lunch, I went for foot massage and I am glad I did. I did, however, feel kind of embarrased with the many black and blues that I have of which I can only account 2 of them (knocked against bed frame). The other few, I don't know how they ended up there. I am thinking if I should go and visit Sinseh though.

Project update:

On the knitting part: Hurray! I finished little Megan's present. Megan is the name of my unborn niece yet. The thing was wide enough to cover my shoulder..ahahaha...
Veronica really helped me a lot. She stayed back extra hour to help me with the last 3 rows (decrease pattern unknown), sewed them and casted them off.
Not only that, she also helped me crochet a pretty string to tie around and shape the size.

No, it is not one of those single chain crochet. It is a 3-chain crochet, and she did a half-treble (? is this right?). So far learning from her has been a joy because Veronica is willing to share her experiences and impart her skills and knowledge. Thank you Veron :)

No comments: