Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tempting & Shorts

I started 2 new projects right after I am done with the baby poncho.
One is Tempting top from Knitty and the other is Knit Picks shorts pattern.

Tempting
For Tempting I used Sea Queen yarn from Japan and it's hemp cotton.


The color is so lovely. I will post my progress at the tempting knitalong page. So far I just finished about 2 rows. 200 stitches to accomodate the tiny stitch (3.5 mm needle). The yarn is also soft. I could not resist buying it after seeing some fellow disciples knitting a top with it at teacher's shop.

Shorts
I am using Sirdar Breeze. It says it is cotton rich yarn and I love how it feels on my hand. Apparently SO also likes the feel. I promised him after I am done with the two I will start knitting a vest with the same yarn.
I have gone past the picot edget with long-tail cast-on and I am waiting for someone to tell me how on earth I can seam the two of them together.
On top of the that, I have started doing the body. Unfortunately I have about 70 rows to go before completion, but I am looking forward to this shorts

1 comment:

bluey said...

The yarns look nice. How much u get it for? Can share the address for the shop.